Thursday, March 29, 2012

The (belated) Ides of March

A FRONTE PRAECIPITIUM A TERGO LUPI

I really need to pull myself together; I can't continue flirting with insomnia, rapt with nascent emotions, listening to maladjusted combinations of Nat King Cole en EspaƱol and glo-fi. Today I even went as far as pulling the cobwebs out of my Luis Miguel "Romances" MP3's, and even good old Julio's, whose "Crazy" captures my brooding spirit perfectly in this very strange month of March: 


(Yes I do listen to SOME Julio Iglesias)

In other news, I was right. Three months after my last post, my life has indeed been bombarded by changes; I just didn't know how far-reaching these would be. New Work, New Ideas, New Prospects, New People, New Feelings, New Dichotomies. But I'll work with the former, and deal with the latter. 

I'm way too fickle to keep the blog updated regularly. I'll see you when I see you my crickets, but before I go let me tell you what I shan't do until next we meet:

"To me is all, I to myself am lost,
Who the immortals' fav'rite erst was thought;
They, tempting, sent Pandoras to my cost,
So rich in wealth, with danger far more fraught;
They urged me to those lips, with rapture crown'd,
Deserted me, and hurl'd me to the ground."
                                                      Goethe - 1823


I will not have a Marienbad; I have seen the Ides of March.




No comments:

Post a Comment